What is fashion without makeup?! The right makeup combination can do wonders for your look! We’re usually no-effort-required-makeup girls; the most we put on when we leave the house is mascara. However, when we really feel like bringing out our inner divas we like to wow them with our makeup!
For this post we paid a visit to our favorite eye makeup store, The Eye Shadow Store, for tips and guides on how to use your make up wisely to upgrade your daily and nightly looks with the help of the right products! We recently discovered The Eye Shadow Store on the internet and were thrilled to find a makeup collection with an incredible range of beautiful colors, high quality powder shadows and brushes and amazing tips on how to apply makeup like a pro!
So here’s the step by step guide on how to get that smoky eye effect we’ve been lusting after!
1. Apply some primer or a concealer on your eye lid.
2. Choose a base color eye shadow and apply on the eye lid and a bit under the corner of the eye.
3. Choose a color a bit darker then the base and apply from the corner of the eye to the middle of lid and blur with the “Fluff’ brush.
4. Choose s dark tone and apply just like before but a little closer to the brow
5. Choose an even darker tone, black for evening, and apply on the tip of the corner towards the brow
6. Apply the base tone again on the middle of the lid and towards the inner corner of the eye.
7. Apply a concealer under the eye
8. Apply a very thin line with a dark tone eyeliner and a thick dose of mascara!
9. You are ready for the makeup foundation.
10. Don’t forget some blush and a touch of rouge!
Another amazing tip we got from The Eye Shadow Store is: when using the smoky eye effect you want all the attention to go to your eyes so use a nude lip color to keep from looking like the circus clown!
Eye Shadow Store products used to achieve our looks:
Evening look – Royalty, Lime, Sunshine, Glory, Power, Sapphire, Purity.
Day look – Lavender, Surprise, Devotion, Purity.
The brushes used to apply the eye shadows were: C213, C138, C209, C200, SS006, AC009, C153.
For the day look, Vera wore a patterned sheer envelope blouse with a cloth aquamarine skirt and gladiator wedges. Vera’s top made the outfit feminine summery and fresh and the skirt kept it office appropriate. She kept to the same theme in her makeup with very settled and calm, yet feminine pink and purple shades.
For the night look, hemlines can get shorter and the makeup can get bolder! Rony wore a neon sheer blouse, high waisted black skirt, high heeled oxfords and accessorized with a purple clutch. For her night out look the makeup upgrades her outfit and gives it another party boost! The marine green palette of eye shadows not only compliments the color of her top but also Rony’s large brown eyes. Whether rocking out on the dance floor or having drinks at the coolest newest bar, Rony’s makeup is perfect for the chic nightowl.
So next time you do your makeup think what shades will complete your outfit and what are the right colors for each occasion!
For all the eye shadows and brushes used in this post and for some amazing tips on how to do your makeup visit The Eye Shadow Store at http://www.eyeshadowstore.com/
check out and “Like” their facebook page for updates on their latest products and tips https://www.facebook.com/EyeShadowStore